I am. I was so surprised to see that I have been nominated for my very first award! My new friend the "Valley Girl" over at Adventures of the Pioneer Valley nominated me and I am so flattered my blog is blushing. Valley Writer- her proper name, shares great recipes like Rhubarb Crumble Quick Bread and Homemade Gnocchi, and does a great job making it simplistic and tasty. You can find her blog at http://pioneervalleyma.blogspot.com/. I love her focus on purchasing local. Besides being a great cook, she is a fighter, Valley Writer is living with Rheumatoid Arthritis, and by all appearances managing it with grace. Not unlike my first nominee:
Melinda Winner from http://cookingwitharthritis.com/. Besides creating a forum to discuss living with arthritis, Melinda, has a cookbook, and cooks up amazing recipes like Gulf Shores Lobster, Shrimp, and Sea Scallops and Risotto with Basil and Rosemary Cream Sauce and Backwards mini Zucchini Blueberry.
Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice is hosted by Reeni at http://cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.blogspot.com/ and is my second nominee. Sounds a lot like my name doesn't it? Reeni has been a great cheerleader for me as I have been learning how to blog, but it doesn't stop there. Reeni's blog is beautifully done with fantastic recipes and pictures. Her blog aways has a great idea that I can't wait to try! She received this award from another fan, at about the same time I started composing this post-so I hope she doesn't mind.
Third my new friend Van Thyme. What can I say, but it's a great blog?
This one was too easy, you all know how much I love cupcakes! If she doesn't quit posting cupcakes I am bound to get super large. She's not all sweet treats, and her blog is fun to read.http://www.vanillaandthyme.blogspot.com/.
Sunshine Mom is fourth and not much different from myself, is a busy mother, who tries to cook it up in a healthy minded way. If you want to know how to make a hasselback Potato, check her out at http://sunshinemom.blogspot.com/.
Fifth is my first blog buddy 5 Star Foodie, besides having a great bog , she is super friendly and popular. She uses foam quite often, if you want to know what that is, you had better check her out at http://fivestarfoodie.blogspot.com/. My favorite recent recipe was Collard Wrapped Sockeye Salmon with Shiitake Mushrooms and Fried Potato Cream-it looks super yum!
Number six goes to Every Last Cookie, she can be found at http://everylastcookie.blogspot.com/. Lizzie is conquering the Martha Stewart Cookie Cookbook and bringing us all along for the ride. I love her sassy way of writing and think she does a wonderful job documenting her journey.
And finally, Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. Kristen drew me in with her family recipes, not overdone, but just right! I made her English Muffins, and they were yummy! Kristen and her family hang out at http://wiseanticsoflife.blogspot.com/.
Now please know these nominations are in no particular order. I think they and many more bogs are fantastic. If you like to read blogs but don't personally have one, understand that we love the comments and support, it makes it sooo worth while.
So the rules of the Kreative Blogger award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on which of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.
Well, everything except the 7 interesting things about myself have been covered. Now lets see......
1. I got a D in Home economics..my mother wouldn't let me take the second quarter (sewing) because she said if I couldn't cook, I surely couldn't sew.
2. My father and mother taught me how to plant, grow, and harvest a garden. There are very few things in life I find more rewarding than growing the food on my table.
3. Pretty much everything I do is pre-meditated....so if I murder anyone...you know I did it for sure!
4. I always have a song in my head.
5. I don't ever kill bugs purposely...not even in the house.
6. I obsess about having a clean house-but it seems it rarely is
7. My husband's 85 year old grandmother lives with us and I live in the little house right next door to my parents...one of the greatest blessings of my life...one of the greatest curses as well.
Alrighty then, that should be it. Thanks again for the award! And folks, you will notice all of my "friends" listed here can be found at Foodbuzz- a great pace to meet all kinds and all levels of food enthusiasts. ://www.foodbuzz.com